The last 5 weeks.

When I heard the word cancer, my first thought was that I had limited time and needed to get everything organized right away in case I ran out of time.

Within two days of my diagnoses, I got hardwood floors put in the entrance, kitchen and family room.  They look stunningly beautiful by the way!

Ordered and installed new curtains for the living room.

Went on many dates with my husband.  Watched a poignant show called “In the Heights” about a story of a group of immigrants in New York with hopes and dreams about their future.

Saw PottedPotter on Valentines’s Day as a surprise present from Nagib.  Front-row streets and we ended up being part of the act.  It was a terrible show but wonderful company!

Had many people come home to visit and say prayers.

Friends have been dropping by constantly in the evenings and weekends with carrot cakes and to have chai.

Went out with friends and tried new restaurants and exotic food.  My new favourite haunts are Canadian Thai and 168 Sushi at Dufferin and Steeles.

And am regularly going for massages, acupressure and reiki.

Hosted a party for my colleagues from Sanofi this week to celebrate how much I love working with them.  Indian food and Karaoke night.

Oh and I have been working everyday, except when I’ve had tests at the hospital.

The first miracle I have experienced is that I have two stage 3 and 4 cancers and am experiencing no pain – – just a bit of tiredness.  How is this even possible?  God is so looking after me!  I feel his hand on my shoulder.

About these ads
Comments
31 Responses to “The last 5 weeks.”
  1. Rashida Kanji says:

Dear Mukhianima,
    Am really enjoying your blog! Take ond day at a time and look forward to tomorrow! Tomorrow is always better than today!Sending you warm hugs,prayers & love.

Love Always,
    Rashida & Salim Kanji

2. Shermin Hudda Bhimani says:

Dear Munni Mukhianima,
    The going is hard, keep walking towards your goal. You can do it, believe in yourself, “COZ I BELIEVE IN YOU!”…..

Lots of love and prayers,

Shermin

3. Ndia Pirani says:

Hey Mukhianimaa,

You are a true figter! And with Mowla’s grace, your family’s support and all our prayers, you will make it through this difficult period in your life.

We all will have a lot to learn from you!!

Love and God bless,

Ismail and Nadia Pirani

4. Farida says:

Dear Mukhiani Munira

Mohamed and I think of you in our prayers. God’s hand is on you, He has given you strength to fight this, use this strength. we believe that you will come out a winner and in turn will strengthen the rest of us.

Farida and Mohamed Manji

5. Gulistan Kara says:

Dear Mukhianima,

Mowla’s hand is on your shoulders. He is always by your side. Keep up your spirits and with everyone’s prayers you will definitely make it through this very difficult time. I will always say a special prayer for you.

Love and prayers,

Gulistan Kara

6. munira lalani says:

Dear Mukhianima,

My prayers are with you always,

Love from Alqaim and myself.

Munira Lalani

7. Anonymous says:

I am very grateful to hear that you are doing so well. Our prayers are with you. Take one day at a time and Mowla will take care of the rest as HE ALWAYS DOES.

Tasnim and Nizar Habib (Afzals Parents)

• Anonymous says:

Keep Faith Mukiani Ma. Inshallah everything will be jut fine. :):). You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Ya Ali Tasnim and Nizar – – Thank you so much for your encouraging words. We look forward to getting together with you soon. And I am so glad that everything went well for you last week Tasnim. MUnira

• It was so wonderful to finally meet you last week! It felt completely like you were part of the family and that we had known you forever. I am taking your advice of taking things one day at a time. Lots of love, Munira

8. Anonymous says:

Mawla is with you….He will make everything ok. :):). Be positive and keep faith!

9. Alisha Bhanji says:

Truly admiring your positivity and zest for life. Sending our best wishes, prayers and love always.

10. Nasim says:

Ya ali madad,

Here is a poem from an unknown artist:

HOPE
    Its Magic & Its Free
    Its not in a prescription
    Its not in a IV

It punctuates out laughter
    It Sparkles in our tears
    It simmers under sorrows
    and Dissipates our fears

Do you know hope is?
    Its reaching past today
    Its dreaming of tomorrow
    Its trying a new way

Our prayers and good wishes are with you.Keep up the good spirits.

Nasim Jamal

11. Shamsa and Shamsuddin Dayani says:

Dear Mukhianima ,

We missed u on Navroz. We have a strong hope that Inshallah you will be back to celebrate lots of these joyous occasions with best of your health. May Allah always keep your spirits high and give you and family strength to pass through this tough time.
    With lots of prayers and best wishes

Shamsa and Shamsuddin Dayani

• Ya Ali Shamsa and Shamsuddin
      I look forward to coming to JK starting next week. Now that I have gone through chemo once, I have a better sense of what to expect for the next cycle. Thank you so much for your support and prayers. Munira

12. Nazline Lourenço Lakhany Lausanne Switzerland says:

Dear Munira, Dear Mukhianima,
    You can feel god’s hand on your shoulder…it is true! For a long time your prayers and hands were on the jamat even after your hodo ended… HOPE represent life and that will make you strong and go on day after day and most of all the love of your beautiful family and the people and friends who love you. From the day you gave me du’a, whenever i came to Toronto I would look for you in Jamat Khana, and you always recognized me and gave prayers for all my family and I would tell my mum this beautiful lady has something, all the people wants to talk to her,from the kids to the seniors! her eyes are smiling and shining like stars! and that will never change. God is holding your hands and guiding you still so keep faith. Now my turn and the jamat, and the friends wherever they are to return you all the payers who helped us in difficult days. Your family is amazing and thanks a million to Sabrina to post lines so we can be with you and fight with you. Our prayers are with you always. God bless you and your family and give you courage and happiness every day
    Nazline Lourenco – Lakhany – Switzerland I know you will remember me!

• Nazline. I am so speechless with your beautiful words. I always look forward to seeing you when you came to willowdale because you brought so much joy and energy! I continue to feel Mowlas hand on my shoulder and know that he is carrying me through this trying time. I appreciate so much your warm wishes and your prayers. Can’t wait to see you soon. Munira

13. Ameena & Ayaz Bhanji says:

Dear Mukhianima,
    We are very pleased to hear that you are doing well and certainly in good spirits. You have an amazing family. The whole jamat is praying for you. The journey has started and inshallah it will end soon with your complete recovery. We miss you and hope and pray to see you soon.
    Best regards and prayers,
    Ameena & Ayaz Bhanji

• Wow! So good to hear from you. Today is such a good day for me. I completed my second chemo yesterday (so am 1/3rd the way there!) and it went really smoothly. The big day for us is June 25 when hopefully the lymphoma will be treated and we can focus on treating the myleoma. It will be a long journey but with your prayers, I am hoping for a complete recovery with God’s grace. Munira

14. Saira Nasirdin says:

Munira,

June 25th will be a great day for you and inshallah the lymphoma will be treated, just start sending out those positive vibes starting now, believe in yourself that it will be gone, we are all praying for you just hang in there and be strong.

15. Anonymous says:

Dear Mukhianimaa,

Iam Munira Lalani’s younger sister Mumtaz in Dubai. Will be visiting toronto and you soon. I just have to meet you. I derive so much strenght from you. I know all this will be in the past and you will emerge victorious in beating this. May Mowla grant the strenght, Ameen . See you soon.